– These are two very good football teams. (Editor’s note: That’s the kind of analysis that is going to take The Pundit straight to the top).
– Donovan was the man, but Donovan will also be the goat. Two critical mistakes that factored heavily in the Eagles losing: The fumbled exchange with Westbrook in the 4th quarter when the Eagles were already in field goal range, and the third down sack he took to DeMarcus Ware on the final drive that set up the 4th and 17 hook-and-hook-and-ladder bonanza. He was on point for most of the game, but those two plays really cost them.
– The receivers played pretty well, though there were too many drops, especially a Greg Lewis bobble out-of-bounds on the final drive.
– What was with all of the Dallas facemask penalties?
– Dallas’ offense has so many weapons, they look to have the most dangerous offense in the NFL this season.
– Hey Sean Considine! You see that guy, number 81. You know, the guy who just blazed by you? Yeah, he’s pretty good, might want to keep an eye on him next time. Just a thought.
– Brian Westbrook is a God amongst mortals. His touchdown slither at the goaline, where he kept himself up by sitting on one of the Cowboy’s helmets, was spectacular.
– Bad DeSean Jackson! Bad bad bad! You got lucky, but please, for the love of God, if you have to celebrate, make it into the endzone first, okay? Though it did make for some interesting conversation as to what the ruling on the field was going to be; I can’t remember ever seeing that before. Otherwise, nice game – you’re looking like a baller, son.
– Marion Barber is a man possessed late in the game. Felix Jones is pretty frightening every single friggin’ time he touches the ball. That’s a scary duo right there for the Cowboys.
– Both of these defenses are better than this game – these offenses are just really on point right now.
– Who do you put on a guy like Jason Witten? He is a giant mismatch conundrum for opposing defenses.
– Brian Dawkins has lost a step. Not so much in his blitzing or run support, but he got beaten a couple times in coverage. He was never incredible in pass coverage, but he looked a little slower than before out there.
– Quintin Mikell is very quietly becoming a very good football player.
– Hey, front four, you there? Need a bit more of a consistent pass rush, guys. Hard to beat Tony Romo off the blitz, especially when the Cowboys made their adjustments in the second half and started dinking and dunking the Birds behind the blitzers. (Editor’s note: But Coach Pundit, we tried hard, we really did…)
– Mike Tirico and Jaws are really good commentators. Tony Kornheiser? Ehhhhhh, not so much.
– Oh, how could I forget this: DAMN YOU, T.O.!
– The Steelers will be tough; they are a good football team. But the Eagles have shown that, when McNabb is clicking, that they can play with anyone. At least, after two weeks, that’s how it appears. Something definitely to be taken from this game, even though the loss, especially to the Cowboys, stings.